Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Social Networking Tip of the Week: LinkedIn Links

Use LinkedIn? I sure do (click the LinkedIn button over on the right to check out some of my connections); it's a great way to contact with the folks behind the camera in the industry, as well as friends, coworkers, former employers, and potential future employers.

Well, if you use it, here's a sweet little tip that's come up in several sources, including Laura Roeder's site:

"When entering in your links, such as My Website, My Company, or My Blog, don't actually select those generic titles. Instead, select "Other" in the drop-down box, and type in a descriptive title before the link." So, instead of "My Website," you'd put in "Laurie Landry.com" or whatever your site is called.

This is an awesome way to put a relevant and descriptive link on your LinkedIn page, which is always weighted pretty highly in the various search engines.


Link Happy:

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment